Aditya Birla Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aditya Birla Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18010668
The Plant Controller is responsible for producing and providing financial information and routine or ad hoc reporting for management decision making purposes, and ensure processing of plant accounting transactions in order to meet legal standards, with the issuance of official and internal reports.
- Review internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement in timeliness, accuracy, and efficiency
- Ensure closing process complies company deadlines
- Perform variance analysis to identify potential issues and opportunities for improvement in financial performance
- Develop and maintain internal procedures and audits to insure compliance with accounting principles and company policy Work in conjunction with other Supply Chain
- Ensure proper valuation and control of company assets
- Ensure costs are properly captured in the Company's financial systems
- Approve and post monthly metal consumption and process losses/adjustments
- Approve and post monthly manufacturing variance against annual standards for efficiency, volume, spending, etc.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited college or university
- Certification such as CPA or CMA preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting; experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in creating an information system and platform that supports significant business growth preferred
- Experience in creating and managing a changing financial organization as a strong Financial Accountant preferred
Nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of Southwestern Kentucky, Guthrie resides along the Tennessee border. From stagecoaches to railroads, Guthrie has played an important part in transportation from the 1820's through today because of its central location to major cities. The city of Guthrie says it's “a place where friends are always welcome. A place in this beautiful Commonwealth we are proud to call home.” Novelis is proud to call Guthrie part of the family. This greenfield site will feature state-of-the-art equipment used to prepare aluminum for use in producing the cars, trucks and SUVs of the future.