Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Business Manager – Houston West
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
Territory Business Manager (TBM) is responsible for selling Alkermes products in the Houston West territory and supporting promotional efforts. Ideal candidates should be proven sales achievers and live in the territory. This will be done by having thorough product, disease state and market knowledge and sound selling skills. He/she will utilize available resources to help educate healthcare providers. Finally, he/she will use their analytical ability to determine appropriate targets and will use approved resources accordingly.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The TBM will demonstrate a strong understanding of all aspects of Alkermes products, related disease states and related products in the marketplace.
- The TBM will demonstrate strong selling skills through the use of approved sales aids, approved studies and reprints and through superior communication and listening skills with targeted healthcare providers. He/she will use selling skills that demonstrate competent use of all facets of the Alkermes selling model. He/she will demonstrate an ability to gain agreement for increase product use with appropriate patients from target healthcare providers.
- The TBM will demonstrate strong territory management skills by identifying and calling on appropriate numbers of healthcare provider targets with the required frequency to assure proper usage of Alkermes products. He/she will continually develop, review, update and maintain healthcare provider target lists based on the latest information and data.
- He/she will utilize all available resources and programs (samples, Promotional Speaker Programs, etc.) to increase their business. He/she is prepared to discuss all aspects of territory business with District Business Leader (DBL) at any time.
- The TBM will develop business plans as required by the DBL and will perform all administrative tasks requested in a timely, accurate and truthful manner.
- The TBM will exercise fiscal control of operational expenses (car, gas, office supplies, telephone, postage, lodging, meals, and entertainment).
- The TBM will demonstrate an ability to work productively with individuals in related positions including but not limited to other representatives, DBL, RMDs, Marketing, and Key Accounts and headquarter personnel.
- The TBM will abide by all Alkermes policies and regulations regarding promotional compliance, and sample accountability compliance.
- BA/BS is required
- 3+ years successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience required
- 5+ years successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience preferred
- Specialty/CNS sales exp preferred
- Demonstrated superior organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated past sales performance/success
- Strong analytical, strategic and influencing skills
- Must live within the geography of responsibility
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Driver's license must be in good standing
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.