AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Case Manager
at AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group
Reportingto the Program Manager, the Nurse Case Manager is responsible for managing allaspects of program support for assigned physicians or centers (hospital orclinics) in a given geographical area, and ensures that patients are providedeasy access to the support program and access to their drug therapy. The NurseCase Manager also works directly with the reimbursement specialist to helpsecure funding and supports the pharmaceutical team when needed.
PRIMARYDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medical support to patients and health care providers, including but not limited to education on specific diseases and therapies and disease management;
- Telephone support (including maintenance calls and adherence support both inbound and outbound as needed);
- Database management and ongoing auditing of files and information captured;
- Administer and adhere to case-management protocols, including clinical monitoring, data collection, on-going patient follow-up, compliance, therapy disruption/discontinuation monitoring, adverse event reporting and liaison with primary healthcare providers;
- Prepare for and attend extensive, specialized training sessions for specific therapies provided by the pharmaceutical team;
- Work directly with the reimbursement specialist and the physician to secure funding for their patient's therapies; assist with alternative funding searches when needed;
- Attend pharmaceutical sales meetings as required;
- Attend patient meetings, conferences as needed to educate patients, providers regarding disease/product information and case management services;
- Work with patient associations and advocacy groups;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with pharmaceutical team;
- Liaise with health care providers, pharmacies and infusion clinics, and other agencies as required, to coordinate infusions, drug delivery and resolve issues as they arise;
- Clear communication to the manager, team and the client regarding the management of patient cases;
- With the managers, participate in the training process of new nurse case managers, including but not limited to shadowing & call monitoring.
- Support and collaborate with other program staff in the development and implementation of disease management programs including clinical requirements, write texts, manuals or patient pamphlets, develop compliance program parameters, needs assessments and protocols;
- Provide feedback regarding current protocols, databases, processes, inter-departmental relationships
- Responsible for reporting all Adverse Events tothe assigned units/departments.
- Registered nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- The preferred candidate is a nurse with healthcare and case management experience in medical or hospital practice or the insurance or bio-pharma industry;
We offer competitive total rewardscompensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefitprograms that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of ourassociates.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible & remote working options
- Employer RRSP-matching
- Online peer-to-peer recognition program
- Corporate discounts with multiple establishments, including fitness centers
- Health & Wellness program with onsite yoga and massage therapy