Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse - RN or LPN - Boonespring of Union - Full Time
at Carespring Hero
The Charge Nurse is to assist the Nursing supervisor in the responsibility for the total patient care within the nursing unit, and the management of the unit.
RATE (depends on licensure)
- RN is $26.00 to $32.00 based on experience.
- LPN is $20.00 to $24.00 based on experience.
- Carry out administrative and patient care duties as part of their shift responsibilities
- Supervises and assumes responsibility for the actions and care delivered by the STNA’s
- Abides by department policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, medical staff, patients and the public.
- Willing to work on the unit designated by the D.O.N., A.D.O.N, or Supervisor.
- Checks 24 hour report sheet for changes/updates in the patient care needs for the day.
- Makes walking rounds, supervision of the N.A. care delivered.
- Administers medication (including IV) and treatment per the Physician orders specific to the patient.
- Attempts to meet the needs of the patient in a spiritual or psychological manner with the resources available to the nurse.
- Assists and directs in the admission/discharge process of patients.
- Gives and receives report at the beginning and change of shift to oncoming staff.
- Takes and transcribes physician orders.
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Evaluates patient care needs, condition, develops and or adds to existing plan of care for the individual patient.
- Admission process of patient in the event the documentation nurse is not available (verifying Physician orders, transcribing pre-admission information, arranging diagnostic and therapeutic needs within and outside of the facility, ordering medication/treatment need, communication to dietary of the patient needs, completes needed paper work per admission check list)
- Transfer and discharge of patients (arrangements for transportation, communication with the family/responsible party, appropriate paper work to accompany the patient).
- Maintains appropriate documentation in the patient electronic medical record
GENERAL UNIT DUTIES:
- Directs and assists with department cleaning and care of equipment/appliances.
- Communication with teamwork with all departments.
- Overall safety and cleanliness of the unit.
- Greet and direct visitors on the unit
- Valid Nursing license in the state where the facility is located
- Responsible for meeting the state required continuing education hours per licensure period.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Have a sincere desire to work with elderly
- Must be willing to perform non-professional duties.
- Must be level-headed and take or give direction in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to place the patient needs above own desires or judgement.
- Must always serve as a patient advocate.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org