Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health & Safety Intern 2019
at Cargill, Incorporated.
Environmental, Health and Safety Management Internship:
As an environmental, health and safety management intern, you will gain exposure to the development and implementation elements of our overall safety and/or environmental management systems that satisfy both internal and external requirements. You will be exposed to evaluation of trends, root cause analysis, the development/implementation of basic safety/ergonomics/EHS/environmental programs, departmental safety meetings, compliance activities and corporate responsibility activities. You may interact with all levels of employees from production workers to top location and business leadership.
This role involves physical activity in agricultural, food and feed processing environments, which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis–involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing more than 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (e.g. heat, cold, dust).
• Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
• Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
• Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
High River, AB
• Plant setting
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in ergonomics/human factors, occupational safety, or a safety-related degree graduating between December 2019 and August 2021
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Willingness to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
• Able to complete a 16 week Internship starting this May (May 2019- August 2019)
• Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
• Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
• Overall GPA 3.0 preferred
• Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.