Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Military Family Life Counselor -CYB / PRN
at Chenega Corporation2
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1800002939
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Education - Support Staff
American Hospital Services Group, LLC
Company Job Title:
Military Family Life Counselor CYB / PRN
Chenega Job Title:
Fort Campbell, TN
- The Military Family Life Counselor CYB will provide face to face direct, non-medical, brief, solution-focused counseling services to children under the age of 18 for situations resulting from commonly occurring life circumstances such as parenting, relationship conflicts, stress, personal loss, and deployments and reunions.
Will exercise discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education to the children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Partners with and augments activities of Child Development Centers (CDC's) to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
- Identifies family needs and provides a “get-well” plan in compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical problem solving counseling to children when other resources are not available and makes appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of families and service members, including the following activities:
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials and advises on requests for new or revised presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals made using appropriate reporting system.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Master's Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited university required
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist, or Psychologist without restrictions or supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) All assignments may require a full license to practice independently in the state where the assignment is located.
- Demonstrated counseling competence required.
- Minimum one year post-license experience working with children in the areas of relationships, behavior management, coping skills, child development, separation, stress management, single parenting, step-parenting, family separation, reunion and reintegration, assessments and referrals preferred.
- Must be able to obtain CNACI security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of military lifestyle and issues that impact families
- Ability to develop and present effective group presentations
- Ability to accurately assess needs and make referrals to appropriate resources
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships using tact and diplomacy in interactions with individuals/families and with program representatives and officials
- Computer skills sufficient to create, maintain, and send reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and oversight and use independent judgment
- Travel between work sites may be required
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.