Dayton Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crossing Guard - Substitute
at Dayton Independent School District
Job Ttile: Crossing Guard
Reports to: Campus Principal
Dept. / School: Assigned Location
Wage / Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: 1
Date Revised: February 2017
Basic knowledge of traffic safety regulations
Ability to identify and respond quickly to traffic safety hazards
Ability to communicate instructions effectively to both children and adults
Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions
MAJOR RESPOBSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist children and other community members to safely cross the street at
assigned intersections during.
2. Identify potential traffic safety hazards and respond quickly to protect
children and avoid incidents.
3. Ensure a smooth and expedient flow of both vehicular and foot traffic.
4. Follow and uphold district safety requirements and report traffic violations
and student misconduct in accordance with district procedures.
5. Communicate safety and traffic rules to students and parents as needed.
6. Correct unsafe conditions when possible and report any conditions that are
not correctable to supervisor as soon as practicable.
7. Attendance is an essential job function.
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Tools/Equipment Used: Handheld traffic signs, traffic cones, reflective safety attire
Posture: Prolonged Standing
Motion: Constant walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching
Lifting: Light lifting (under 15 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures, sunlight,
and humidity); constant exposure to noise and vehicle exhaust; work around moving
vehicles and on slippery and uneven surfaces
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under pressure; work with frequent
interruptions; may work alone.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)