Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior QA Manager, Test Team, Business Change, I.T Services, London
Job Reference #: 162475
As an ITS QA Manager, you will be responsible for the direction of the team to ensure that there is adequate planning and estimation of test activities on all pieces of work for both the Project Portfolio and BAU work streams.
You will be required to liaise with Project Managers, Programme Managers, Service Owners, Business, QA Managers/Leads and QA Engineers to ensure any changes to the Deloitte application environment meet our quality standards.
You will be responsible for elements of the team's finances & budget planning activities, coordinating with both permanent, managed service contractors and offshore staff as necessary.
You will also be responsible for managing a small team of direct reports and supporting their career progression. You will be responsible for elements of the QA/Testing Strategy and defining QA/testing methodologies & practices.
Process management & continuous service improvement
- Leading the implementation of the QA/Test vision and supporting deliverables
- Championing and implementing the NWE QA/Test team alongside the Head of Business Quality/Test
- Defining supporting QA/Test methodologies and practices to successfully implement the vision
- Researching and evaluating innovation and emerging methodologies & trends in the test and QA space which may fit our environment
- Identifying and implementing continual improvements to the test team & processes
- Ensuring testing is performed in accordance with Deloitte standards and industry best practices
- Identifying and working with key parties to proactively and reactively manage risks & issues
- Leading the engagement and buy-in with key technical and business stakeholders to ensure the value and capabilities of the QA/Test team are understood, valued and used as and when it is appropriate
- Refining & improving team resourcing models to ensure the team has the right skills and can adequately manage peaks & troughs in workload
- Refining & improving QA/Test methodologies, frameworks and processes
QA/Test Programme Management
- Planning and estimating QA/Test efforts for various projects and new initiatives
- Managing a small portfolio of projects and products for quality/testing activities
- Creating QA/Test Plans that can be understood and actioned by other parties both internal and external.
- Overseeing & mentoring the QA engineers in their execution efforts to ensure QA/testing is performed in accordance with Deloitte standards and best practices
- Reviewing work products and deliverables
- Providing status reports to key stakeholders
- Liaise with business and ITS stakeholders, including Partners and Directors
Team Leadership / Line Management
- Leadership & oversight for all members of the QA/Testing Team, whether full time, managed service or offshore
- Managing stakeholders from key delivery teams and leadership functions, across NWE member firms
- Managing demand and forecast, particularly to ensure that the team has the right skills and resources available to meet needs
- Managing suppliers, contracts and finances
- Supporting and influencing your QA Manager peers
- Influencing and inspiring growth in the team in line with developing QA/Test initiatives & trends
- Conducting check-ins & performance reviews for staff under your management reporting line
- Attracting, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance
- Ensuring the team is adequately trained, managing & delivering their QA/test activities.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
- Experience working in Professional Services
- A strong knowledge of Windows OS, Office suite and Citrix environments
- Agile understanding and experience in working in a scrum team
- ISEB Software Testing Foundation & Practitioner level certification is mandatory. Higher qualifications in this area are desirable
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance process and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives
- A thorough knowledge of QA/test methodologies e.g. agile, waterfall, V-Model, DevOps, products etc.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to build good relationships & conduct effective technical discussions with clients, peers and senior staff
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage a group of QA/Test Professionals (including, Manual, Performance & Automated Test resources) from disparate resource models
- A good knowledge of the HPE toolset, Microsoft VSTS, Service Now
- ITIL experience, and preferably certified to ITIL Foundation or Practitioner level
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction