E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Agronomist Northern Saskatchewan
at E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
Seeking a new andchallenging opportunity to further enhance your career? Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has anexciting opportunity for Area Agronomist serving Northern Saskatchewan Area. The successfulcandidate will develop and provide agronomic, product and service education tothe field sales force that helps support the sales and service of Pioneer®brand products and associated technologies. Support the field sales force byworking to resolve customer service calls. Provides product, agronomic andgeneral crop production information through several mediums directly tocustomers. Actively involved in demand creation of Pioneer seed. Responsiblefor coaching and training the field sales force in technical, agronomic serviceand Pioneer® brand product knowledge. Serve as an agronomic and product experton customer service calls. Responsible for providing some direct education tocustomers on Pioneer products, crop management practices, stewardship and otherassociated crop production practices.
What do we expect from you? (Responsibilities/Duties)
- Technical/Agronomic/ProductTraining: Work with assigned Account Managers (AMs) to provide information andeducation/training to field sales force on product characteristics, productpositioning and crop management practices. Have a working knowledge in areassuch as grain end use opportunities, nutrition, forage management, industrialuses of Pioneer ® brand products, seed technologies and DuPont productofferings in relation to seed. Train field sales force methods to handleservice calls to enhance selling activities. Efficiently and effectivelytransfer technical knowledge to sales field force by developing materials,manuals, structured sessions and provide ongoing bulletins and seminars.
- CustomerService: Provide assistance, training and problem solving for customers. Buildrelationships with customers. Resolve customer service calls involving productperformance and/or agronomic issues. Provide service and information tocustomers, prospects and farm managers through various methods and mediums(e.g. Walking Your Fields Newsletter, crop updates, customer agronomy meetings,large operator meetings, crop demo plots, field days, service calls and salescalls with AM and/or sales field force.) Assist with sales calls as needed.
- ProductEvaluation: Collect information/notes and observations related to theperformance of Pioneer ® brand seed products and associated technologies.Provide overall performance evaluations on Pioneer seed products. Coordinatearea IMPACT Product Advancement Trials and Product Knowledge Plots (PKP)programs with AMs and the field sales force. Provide liaison between fieldsales and research. Take part in regional crop management research projects asappropriate.
- SalesSupport: Actively involved in generating demand for Pioneer seed. Assist inbuilding strong relationships with local universities and governmentalagencies. Work as a team member to enhance area success through the building ofarea sales strategies and plans including product line estimates and productplanning. Assist in building and maintaining strong relationships withcustomers, end users, and other industry representatives. Provide input and/orevaluate sales rep performance, selection and evaluation in concert with theAM.
Whatdo we need from you? (Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degreerequired, preferably in an agronomic field
- At least 5 years Agronomyexperience is preferred
- Abilityto build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/marketinfluencers
- Led andinfluenced projects and coached individuals in accomplishing definedobjectives/goals
- Demonstrated knowledgeof: Crop production/cultural practices. Pioneer offerings and competitiveproduct/service offerings; local Ag markets; value chain and productionpractices, and DuPont product offerings in relation to seed Selling &marketing tools and techniques; Environmental, regulatory, and stewardshipissues of & Pioneer competitive products at the local/regional level.Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in:Teaching/training. Selling, negotiating, influencing and presenting. Conflictresolution and handling objections. Using computer hardware software/intranetto generate reports, territory plans, access Pioneer info and completeadministrative duties. Collecting, interpreting & communicating product,market, customer & competitive data.
- Demonstrated ability to:Work effectively within a team environment. Understand the needs and values ofpartners and customers and develop solutions to satisfy/retain. Get results bytaking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions. Workindependently with minimum supervision and operate within budget. Work in andadapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
We are excited to announcethat Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Divisionof DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPontPioneer and DowAgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standaloneagriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protectionand digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chainto create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, weseek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This meanswe will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and theplanet and to ensure progress for generations to come.