Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Broker - SC&PR
at Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 44724
Our team of experienced Directors are looking to hire the newest member of their team to join the dynamic office. You'll be tasked with providing exceptional service whilst aiming to grow a book of business. Does this sound like something that would challenge and drive you to push yourself? With a background in insurance, we're expecting great things from our latest highly-valued team member.
Your role will be responsible for servicing accounts in an efficient manner; supporting your peers to meet client needs and aim to achieve prime renewal retention rate and growth whilst keeping a watchful expert eye on profit.
To align yourself with our values, you'll need to show drive, business insight, and still keep the clients at the heart of your actions.
- While more basic and commoditised areas of the business can be communicated electronically, most of the business still involves face to face presentation of a transaction to insurers and the negotiation of terms. A Broker can expect to be in the market (Lloyd's and companies) most days.
- You're keen business mind and experience of the industry will enable you to identify new and additional opportunities, recommend well-thought-out solutions, promote other products where necessary and above all maintain relationships.
- Depending on the complexity of the transaction, varying levels preparation is appropriate. Day to day this involves producing an appropriate summary of a transaction for presentation to insurers.
- Co-ordinate and attend strategy meetings prior to renewal, review clients demands and needs, identify additional business opportunities and introduce clients to other product specialists by submerging yourself in the AJG culture.
- One key element of your new role is to maintain and develop contacts with clients and potential clients. We will require you to have first class business development, social skills and the desire to over achieve. If this sounds like a role where you could thrive; then you have the skills that we value.
- Once terms have been agreed between the Insured and the selected insurer (including pricing and documentation) the transaction needs to be closed ensuring underwriter engagement through to signing.
- Identify appropriate carriers, send requests, negotiate favourable quotes and prepare recommendations to present. Work with the technical operations function to ensure good credit control is maintained and bad debt is kept to a minimum
- Maintain a broad knowledge of relevant markets and changes across the industry in order to keep clients/agents informed and provide effective risk management advice in line with AJG principles and values
- Align with our Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for role with specific attention, but not limited to Managing Client information, Whistle Blowing and Treating Customers Fairly.
- We're hoping that you're educated to A-Level standard or equivalent and if you happen to have a CII qualification or are working towards one, that also helps. If not, a robust knowledge of general insurance (London Market / Lloyd's and Industry) products and services would suffice.
- Good understanding of insurance and risk management is desirable along with the confidence to advise and negotiate with clients using business insight and your interpersonal skills will enable you to build strong relationships.
- Able to manage time and to work on a number of projects concurrently
- You are able to interpret data with accuracy and present findings articulately with the use of analytical prowess, professional manner and approach is a given within our industry and sets us apart from our peers.
- You are more than comfortable and credible at decision-maker level yet, persistent and tenacious in achieving results whilst motivating others.
- Eligible to work in the UK
Alesco combines the strength and reach of a global brand with the service levels and flexibility of a specialist independent broker. Each of our clients, regardless of size, benefits from truly personal and efficient service, with their interests looked after by a single account-management lead. Besides offering their own capabilities, this lead individual can call on a huge range of industry and risk-management experience from across all of our specialisms. This means we can design and structure a programme which covers our clients' exposure – and neatly addresses their insurance objectives.
We work hard to bring our clients smart, innovative risk-management solutions, whether spread across traditional or non-traditional markets, or a mix of both. Whether they're looking for support in a single specialism or need one proposition across a portfolio of insurance, we have the proven skills, experience and contacts to serve domestic and international concerns.
We have specialists in key classes of insurance, including property, casualty and energy. And although we can service any industry, we're proud to offer significant, in-depth knowledge of a range of sectors including oil & gas, transport infrastructure, mining, power-generation, renewable energy, residential & commercial property, hotels & leisure, and much more. Plus, we have consultants who are highly experienced in a range of risk-consultancy and alternative risk-transfer options, such as actuarial support, premium allocation, captives and credit enhancement. Working closely and seamlessly together, our teams offer an enviable proposition for clients around the world.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation.