Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Director, Assistant Director
at Girl Scouts
- 24-Jan-2020 to 24-Mar-2020 (EST)
- Benton, KY, USA
- $5,000 for the summer
Both camps are traditional overnight summer camps owned and operated by the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana. Staff will split the summer between the two, Bear Creek from start date to July 11 and Pennyroyal from July 11- August 4. Pennyroyal has its own spring feed lake on the property while Bear Creek is located on Kentucky Lake. Our camps typically host programs for girls grades K-12 with up to 70 children and adult staff. We are seeking an enthusiastic Program Director to provide the ultimate summer camp experience for our girls June 1-July 31. The Program Director ensures the physical and mental well-being of all campers and develops daily programming for small and large groups. The Program Director will serve as one of two Assistant Directors to supervise staff, foster professional development, and support all needs around camp. Other duties include participating in daily aquatic activities, supporting overnight trips, managing campfire programs, training staff, participating in daily camp life, and more. The Program Director should be responsible, attentive, and fun-loving. The ideal candidate will be invested in the development of our campers and staff and how our program can best empower them.
- Develop, lead and support daily, evening, and all-camp programs.
- Manage facilities, equipment, and program through site checks, staff scheduling, communication with Camp Director and Ranger, age/ability-appropriate lessons, and safety orientations and enforcement.
- Train staff in program areas that do not require certifications. Hold regular emergency drills with staff.
- Support campers in their camp experience including behavioral management, homesickness coaching, and implementing individual success plans.
- Supervise unit leaders to ensure physical and social conditions follow the camp mission.
- Supervise and evaluate unit staff to support professional development and foster a healthy work environment.
- Assist with daily activities and supervision. Provide coverage and support for unit staff.
- Participate as a member of the Director Team to support the Waterfront Director when needed and act as Camp Director when Camp Director is off property or unavailable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.