Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Provides direct patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse within the CNA scope of practice. Performs clerical duties within the department or patient care team as assigned.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Medical Surgical unit specializes in the care of acutely ill adults and of those who require surgery both emergent and elective. Medical Surgical patients are given the highest standards of professional care by registered nurses and nurse assistants. Specialty certification in Medical Surgical Nursing is strongly encouraged and supported.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Current unencumbered Oregon CNA Level 2 certification required.
- Healthcare provider level BLS required.
- Time Management: Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Social Perceptiveness: Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- Communication: Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - LADDER
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 60 or more Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
KNEEL (on knees)
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
PUSH (40-60 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
BEND FORWARD at waist
REACH - Forward
REACH - Upward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds