Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
1.0 (80 hrs/pp)
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Provides intermittent Hospice Aide services to patients.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Hospice teams at Samaritan Health Services support patients and family members through the final stages of their illness. Evergreen Hospice serves patients in Linn, Benton, Marion, Polk and Lincoln Counties. These services are offered in the home setting which may include the patient’s own residence, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and adult foster homes. Services offered include intermittent skilled nursing visits (24-hour on-call nursing services available), pain and symptom management, medical social services, counseling, spiritual support, hospice aides, trained hospice volunteers and bereavement support. Medications and equipment are included as appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Current unencumbered Oregon CNA Level 1 certification required.
- One (1) year experience as a Certified Nursing Aide or equivalent in a health care setting required. Experience in home health, hospice or community service preferred.
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS required.
- Must be able to pass Criminal Records Check upon hire and every three (3) years thereafter.
- This position requires the use of the employee's personal automobile. Employee must have a valid driver's license and auto liability/property damage insurance as required by law and must maintain their vehicle in good working order.
- Social perceptiveness: Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a nonjudgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles and ages.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer use and reading and writing information to document patient care.
- Time management: Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to complete within required time frames.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to urgent medical situations that may occur with high risk or diverse patient populations. Ability to recognize and report changes in patient status.
- Team Building: Ability to work, function and communicate on a multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop constructive working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Medical Terminology: Ability to read and apply policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB – LADDER
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 20 – 40 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 40 – 60 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 20 - 40 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 40 - 60 pounds
CRAWL (hands & knees)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 40 - 60 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 20 - 40 pounds
KNEEL (on knees)
REACH - Upward
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
WALK - INCLINE
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
ENTER & EXIT VEHICLE/MACHINERY
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds