Jennie Stuart Medical Center, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASC Pre-Op and PACU Registered Nurse
at Jennie Stuart Medical Center, Inc.
To coordinate and implement quality nursing care for the surgical, endoscopic, or pain mgmt patient in an efficient and safe manner consistent with Standards of Care while meeting the goals of the mission, vision, and values of the unit and JSMC. To assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the needs of patients in the pre and postoperative periods. To coordinate patient care needs with team members, anesthesia personnel, and surgeons/physicians. To provide a safe environment for patients and team members. To continuously monitor the quality of care delivered to our patients to promote efficacy, appropriateness, availability, timeliness, effectiveness, continuity, safety, and efficiency with respect and care. To role model the philosophy of nursing and support its goals by integrating quality in daily work habits, and treating all customers and peers with respect and consideration.
• Completes nursing hx & assessment within expected time frames.
• Modifies based off pt's current condition.
• Provides health care at the best value without compromising pt care.
• Responsible & accountable for all actions.
• Practices within the scope of license.
• Regularly attends department meetings
• Accesses and monitors hospital e-mail.
• Alleviates and reduces pain to a level of comfort acceptable to patient without loss of patient's protective reflexes, utilizes appropriate pain assessment tool.
• Assists physicians with diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
• Obtains, labels and documents specimens obtained according to P&P.
• Utilizes established criteria to determine patient readiness for discharge.
• Safely and proficiently accesses peripheral veins for the purpose of obtaining blood for diagnostic testing or initiating IV therapy.
• EKG: correctly applies leads and performs test accurately for interpretation.
• Utilizes 2 identifiers for proper patient identification.
• Verifies surgical site/procedure per patient/family, H&P, order, consent, and surgical schedule.
• Correctly demonstrates, performs & documents "Time Out" when applicable.
• Correctly demonstrates, performs & documents effective communication between caregivers i.e. Read Back & Verify/RBV standard, critical results, etc.
• Accurately & completely performs & documents Medication Reconciliation process.
• Completes annual hospital and department required competencies.
• Collects data for performance improvement activities.
• High School Diploma, GED Equivalent.
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing Required.
• Current KY license or valid compact state license.
• BLS certification – American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or American Red Cross (Healthcare Provider) required, must be current.
• Current ACLS, and PALS or within 90 days of employment or transfer to the department.
• 2 years in pre-operative and/or PACU setting experience preferred., proficient in venipuncture/IV therapy, experience administering Moderate Sedation preferred. Excellent customer service skills. • Membership in ASPAN encouraged.