McCain Foods USA, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McCain Foods USA, inc.
Day & Ross Freight
Planner (Dispatch) – Linehaul Western Canada
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. Day & Ross Freight is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
As a planner you are responsible for the movement of loads and trucks in Western Canada. It is your responsibility to ensure your primary objective is a safe efficient on-time movement of all customer loads. This will be accomplished by working collaboratively with the customer service and fleet management teams. This position is all about communication, problem solving and efficient use of resources.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participates as a team member, no direct reports but provides direction to the team supporting effective solutions. Supports this by identifying system imbalance and executes solutions based on on-time service and operational efficiencies.
- Completes task associated with initiatives and day to day activities in proactively identifying opportunities/solutions that will impact productivity and service 2-3 days forward.
- Responsible to make decisions within established guidelines referring to Load Assignment/Power Board, On-time performance and the movement of freight in the most economical way.
- Fosters positive working relationships by promptly replying to inquiries from CSR, Sales and Fleet Managers, responding within the established guidelines. Quality based on mutual respect, friendly, customer and team focused.
- Previous transportation industry experience, 5 years, is preferred
- Advanced communication skills
- Computer skills: MS products, AS400, web based programs
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Results focused
- Exceptional judgment and decision making
- Ability to multi-task, in a deadline driven environment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work with little supervision
- English, other languages an asset
- Extended periods sitting in a work station working on a computer and on a phone, including data entry
- Working with the public, drivers, and other employees
- Perform all work safely in a fast-paced work environment by following all company expectations to promote a safe work environment.
Please apply directly through Indeed.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.