Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer I, Broadcast
at Nexstar Media Group Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled