Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loader/Unloader in Hebron, KY at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Loader/Unloader will manually or by operating material handling equipment load materials, product, supplies or finished goods onto outbound trailers; or unload inbound trailers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up dock door for spotter or driver to bring trailer to designated door
- Load and unload assigned freight in an efficient and safe manner
- Secure trailer(s) once in dock door (stand, dock plate, dock lock, trailer lock etc.)
- Unhook trailer(s) once loading is complete
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Operates material handling equipment safely to move pallets, stack pallets, consolidate pallets, move pallets on/off wrap machine
- Operates RF Scanner efficiently
- Inflate air bags as needed
- Hand wrap pallets using required shrink wrap as needed
- Assist with Auditing as needed
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded to correct trailers with commitment to quality
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is unloaded from inbound trailers; checks and verifies freight for damage and infestation
- Assists in physical inventories
- Performs other related task to keep work area safe, clean and organized
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner as necessary, or assigned by leadership
- Performs other duties and special projects as necessary, or assigned by leadership
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Must be able to reach, push, pull, bend, walk and stand.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification / material handling equipment (electric pallet jack, stand up reach forklift) experience preferred
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills