Oracle / Taleo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
at Oracle / Taleo
The Oracle Hospitality CloudDevOps team is a newly formed group within Oracle working on solving difficultchallenges in maximizing our service availability while working in parallel toevolve applications from SaaS to True Cloud Native Solutions. The OracleHospitality Cloud DevOps Engineering team is seeking a resource who welcomesany challenge to participate in driving an industry leading end-to-end cloudstrategy that ensures our product development and operations processes allowour customers to rest easy knowing that the applications they depend on aresecure and resilient.
A unique opportunity to join thisnewly formed team to utilize cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies andinfrastructure when deploying Oracle Hospitality Cloud solutions. As part of the Cloud DevOps Engineering team,you will be continually challenged and directly contribute to the success ofour Oracle Hospitality cloud service offerings, every day, working closely withproduct, development and infrastructure partners.
As a DevOps Engineer, you willsolve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing deploying andtroubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure,always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, andperformance. Oracle Cloud is the industry's broadest andmost integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across softwareas a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as aservice (IaaS).
- Designs, develops and evolvesautomation for deployment of IaaS instances and services and theconsumption/integration with PaaS services such as Kubernetes
- Provides experience in web applicationtechnologies and middleware solutions
- Work collaboratively with product andcloud engineering teams to build, deploy and operate our systems
- Help automate and streamline ouroperations and processes
- Build and maintain tools fordeployment, monitoring and operations in all environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in ourpre-production and production environments
- Work closely with both internal andexternal software development resources as well as IT/network operations andthe users of our solutions
- Review the current architecturallandscape and make appropriate recommendations
- Provide technical guidance and educateteam members and coworkers on development and operations
- Manage Continuous Delivery toolswithin team and collaborate within larger automation organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver theitems listed in the major duties section
- At least 5 years of operationsengineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
- At least 3 years of experience withLinux operating systems
- Experience with containers andsupporting orchestration systems, such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with configurationmanagement systems, such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with cloud orchestrationtools, such as Terraform
- Familiarity with coding in Java,Python, Ruby, and/or Go
- General knowledge of the followingcategories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems,Load Balancing and High Availability
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Demonstrated ability to workeffectively across organizational boundaries and within groups
- Should be a flexible, resourceful,team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changingenvironment
- Creative thinking and criticalanalysis are essential
- Experience implementing cloud solutions
- Experience with Jenkins, Team City,ODO, Bitbucket
- Experience with Database as a Service
- Knowledge of Internet protocols andstandards, including DNS, REST, SSL and HTTP
- Knowledge of caching servers such asVarnish or nginx
Bachelor's degree inEngineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience andself-study. Advanced degree is a plus.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).