Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Business Partner
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Permanent Full-Time
- Human Resources
- Pentland Brands
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Purpose of the Role:
An experienced HR Business Partner working in the generalist HR team accountable for the success of the talented people working across our Group Functions with a focus on our Footwear and Finance. As a strategic partner to the business, your passion for contributing to organisation success, commercial knowledge and ability to build great relationships means you make things happen.
Reporting to the HR Director Group Functions, the HR Business Partner will work closely with functional leadership teams, as well as the Pentland HR Centres of Expertise, to identify key people and organisation levers that build capability, developing and embedding people strategies and plans that enhance performance and support business goals and initiatives.
Key aspects of the role include, but are not limited to:
- As a functional leadership team member, design and deliver the global functional HR people plan aligned with the strategic business goals
- Use insights and metrics to forecast and report to the leadership team regularly to drive the people plan and agenda
Talent and Capability
- Accountable for the development of the global talent bench for the function, within and outside of brands, working with Centres of Expertise
- Work with functional leads to develop and deliver an end to end approach for building functional capability beyond training
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications
- Define clear roles and accountabilities for functional and brand operating models globally, and manage the change proactively working with function, division and Centres of Expertise
- Support the business through rapid transformational change
- Lead the organisation’s employee engagement approach by using insights to develop solutions
- Working with the head of function, deliver an approach to building the effectiveness of the leadership teams and enhancing performance across the wider functional area
- Lead the senior level decision-making for day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR Centres of Expertise, to ensure alignment with internal client needs
- Proactively support the delivery of HR processes across the functional areas
Reporting and Insights
- Working with Centres of Expertise and HRIS team, accountable for people insights reporting, proactively identifying themes and associated actions from data to inform the HR strategy
Pentland HR Leadership
- Contribute with other senior HR team members in setting the overall direction for Pentland HR
- Support specific projects as determined in the annual Pentland HR OGSM and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives as required
- Working in the group functions HR team, reporting to the HR Director
- Direct line management of an HR Advisor to support on delivery of people plan
What you need to have
What we need to see in you
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.