Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Medical Devices)
at Performant Solutions
- Bowling Green, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary + Health Benefits + Paid time off + Matching 401k and more
Biomedical Equipment Technician, BMET ll
Growing company is searching for a BMET II, who has 3+ years' hands-on experience servicing medical devices.
(sterilizers, vital sign monitors, central fuses, anesthesia machines, ventilators)
The Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET ll) installs, inspects, troubleshoots repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties. The individual demonstrates adherence to the core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
• 3+ years' hands-on experience servicing medical equipment in a hospital or clinical environment.
• Experience in performing electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology preferred
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
- Knowledge of IT/Networking/Cyber Security, preferably with medical devices, is preferred.
Exceptional Benefits, including 401k match