Republic Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Loan Processor II
at Republic Bank & Trust Company
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Commercial Loan Processor II primary responsibilities are to process both approved commercial loan requests greater than $3,000,000.00 and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loan requests for any dollar amount. Negotiate and review attorney prepared loan documents and to coordinate these closings with an approved closing attorney. Review and process SBA loan requests and produce a complete and correct file to the document preparation department. Exhibit proper judgment while performing paralegal type skills and in negotiating the content of the loan documents.
• High School diploma required; College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of previous loan processing experience, preferably in a commercial setting preferred
• Paralegal - preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup and analyze all incoming loan files for all items needed to process the loan i.e. approval, collateral, signers, guarantors etc. Make decisions involved in the negotiation of loan documents.
• Work with the lending officer to ensure that we have all the proper documentation needed to complete the file based on the product and the approval.
• Coordinate external activities with the title companies, appraisers, surveyors, environmentalist and other pertinent parties.
• Complete daily follow up on files to ensure receipt of all necessary documentation has been received by using the document tracking system in IDM.
• Ensure that titles, appraisals, environmentals and incoming documentation are accurate and meet the approval of the loan as well as Republic Bank & Trust guidelines.
• Coordinate with outside closing attorney all the necessary information to complete a closing package accurately and timely.
• Review and approve all closing documentation to ensure that Republic has a well documented closing package before the closing occurs.
• Understanding of all loan products, lending authority, and Republic Bank & Trust Company policy and procedures as they pertain to commercial lending.
• Coordinate internal activities with the lending officer to work toward an anticipated closing date.
• Support the processing and closing on SBA loans consisting of, but not limited to, 504 and 7(a), and the subsequent extensions/modifications thereto.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of all SBA offerings and understanding all loan programs offered under the SBA and their requirements which may require attendance of several seminars or webinars each year.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients to meet financial investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to learn and effectively use software tools.
• Ability to work under limited supervision with bank personnel, third party vendors, and particularly with attorney document preparation departments including the review of these documents to ensure compatibility with the Bank’s systems and to ensure the loan closes per the approval and within Bank guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.