Republic Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Loan Servicing
at Republic Bank & Trust Company
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Director of Loan Servicing is responsible for overseeing and managing all Loan Servicing and Loan Administration functions. Servicing of conventional and non-conventional multi-state or nationwide mortgage servicing portfolio is a key objective. This position will also manage servicing for home equity, commercial, and consumer loan portfolios. Responsible for customer service related to loans serviced, compliance management, loan accounting, imaging systems and document post closing functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or an equivalent combination of education/experience required.
• Minimum of 10 years banking or related experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of senior-level management experience in mortgage servicing required.
• Expertise in FNMA, FREDDIE MAC, GNMA’S and MERS procedures required.
• Expertise in related regulatory compliance requirements (i.e., flood insurance, FCRA, Regulation Z, Homeowners Protection Act) required.
• Excellent communication and management skills and practices required.
• Previous tax and insurance escrow and credit reporting experience required.
• Strong third-party vendor management experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the productivity, quality, and customer service of Loan Servicing and Loan Administration functions.
• Oversee and monitor any outsourced services performed by 3rd Parties.
• Manages and directs all aspects of loan servicing functions for Mortgage, Consumer and Commercial portfolios.
• Monitor areas of responsibility and implements effective goals and tools to measure success for driving the team efficiencies.
• Maintain and track Overhead Budgets for all Loan Servicing departments. Budgets to be used for Annual projections and cost allocations.
• Work closely with Compliance, Audit, Risk, Fraud, Collections and Information Systems departments to ensure operational standards are consistent with the most current regulatory guidelines and that effective controls are implemented to mitigate risk and losses to the bank.
• Collaborate with Mortgage, Commercial, and Consumer Lending departments to ensure efficient that all current and future products are serviced in a compliant and efficient manner with high level of customer service.
• Direct policies, objectives, initiatives of department.
• Maintain efficient procedures and integration with all other departments.
• Ensure effective network of communication within the servicing team and with key working units to ensure shared knowledge and understanding of business activities.
• Monitor progress of managers and staff to ensure achievement of personal performance goals.
• Ensure the core Horizon LN and ML systems are utilized to effectively meet the Bank’s servicing needs.
• Ensure managers within the area maintain the expected results in an annual customer service survey.
• Oversee reports for FNMA, FREDDIE MAC, and GNMA as required.
• Ensure that operational units are functioning within industry standards and that operational procedures are streamlined and efficient, maintained to industry standards and are fully documented for all departmental processes.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients to meet financial investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be able to develop associates through succession planning.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates; coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to enhance career growth; planning, assigning and directing work; setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and helping to build a positive team culture.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.