Republic Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Doc Prep Specialist
at Republic Bank & Trust Company
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Doc Prep Specialist is responsible for document preparation, closing and funding of Retail Loan Product types as well as the function of the Post Closing Review.
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Minimum 1 year mortgage loan operations and/or lending processing experience required.
• Through knowledge of mortgage loan documents and processes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for reviewing several aspects of mortgage loans that are scheduled to close to avoid any pre-closing issues.
• Examine title work and other information gathered for the loan file that is pertinent to the closing of the mortgage loan.
• Analyze all fees and escrows disclosed on the mortgage loan for accuracy and update as necessary/required according to all mortgage regulations and procedures.
• Prepare loan documents and closing instructions, review them for accuracy and provide them to the Closing Attorney’s.
• Provide support and additional information pertinent to the closing to the Closing Attorney as needed.
• Work with management and any necessary departments on any issues with affiliated systems we work with.
• Provide assistance to all Branch Personnel, Loan Officers, Loan Servicing and Loan Processing staff.
• Assist closing attorneys or loan officers on changes needing to be made to loans that are in closing.
• Transmit loan document packages to attorneys/title companies.
• Assist the Doc Prep & Funding Manager in clearing exceptions.
• Work with other Managers of Loan Operations to ensure that we are working within a Lean environment.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interactions with processors, underwriters, tech support, disbursement, loan officer, attorney etc. to meet the doc prep department objectives.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Bank facilities may be required.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.