Rotech Healthcare, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Healthcare Medical Device Driver in Crestview Hills, KY at Rotech Healthcare Inc.
at Rotech Healthcare, inc.
YES, Rotech is still hiring to help serve our patients during this time of the COVID-19
As your Home Respiratory and DME equipment and services provider, our number one priority is the safety of our patients and our employees. PPE is provided to all of our employees that will have contact with patients.
We have implemented the following measures:
We are seeking a dedicated Patient Service Technician - Local Medical Equipment Delivery Driver who wants to be part of a company who makes a difference in patient's lives. In this position you will be responsible for making deliveries, providing services and ensuring patients and/or caregivers understand instructions for and are comfortable with use of respiratory and medical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Clinical Programs
- Adheres to the guidelines established in the \u2018Rotech Way'
- Builds relationships with patients and/or caregivers
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including, but not limited to invoices, work orders, manifests and logs, patient care instructions, route sheets, etc.
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address using company vehicle
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations, and FDA/DOT and Joint Commission guidelines
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items
- Encourages patients and/or caregivers to complete the Customer Perception of Care survey
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition
- Observes additional needs that the patient may have and reports to management during morning meeting
- Properly cares for & uses electronic tablet that is assigned for job duties
- Provide clear instructions to patients and/or caregivers to ensure understanding of equipment
- Reports equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required
- Safeguards patient's Protected Health Information and adheres to all HIPPA privacy regulations
- Works with location personnel to coordinate deliveries
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 year's delivery experience
- Experience working in healthcare, home health or the medical field
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with location employees and patients
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving delivery routes
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Properly work an electronic tablet device that is used for services after training
- Read and successfully interpret written directions and/or instructions in English
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Available for on-call assignments as needed (after business hours &/or weekends)
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork and our electronic tablet
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full & empty cylinders
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens
- Requires driving a company vehicle for the majority of the workday
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Electronic tablets and all corresponding equipment, such as- Blue-tooth ear-piece and dash mounts
- Internet navigation and research
- Internet, including knowledge of email transmission and communication
- Loading, unloading and proper tie down procedures of transported oxygen and other cargo as per company policy
- Operating the assigned company vehicle safely
- Operating vehicle mounted power lift or rail gates as required
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Understanding use of all applicable home medical equipment and supplies
- Using common office equipment (e.g., phone, copier, fax, computer, etc.)
- Extensive travel via company vehicle required to patient's homes and/or delivery address for set-ups and recurring deliveries
- Warehouse and office with moderate to high noise levels
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
FACEBOOK LINKEDIN TWITTER
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.