Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schawk, Inc.
Develops accurate and high quality artwork for basic to intermediate Production assignments to incorporate in final layout for Assembly. Under the direction of the client project team incorporates branding guidelines (e.g. photography, text, legal requirements, etc.) into artwork layout (e.g. packaging, circulars, etc.) per client’s technical specifications.
- Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-production) as necessary.
- Ensures high quality standards in all Production client deliverables.
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality basic to intermediate level Artwork, effectively using industry standard software, tools, and Print techniques.
- Performs assigned tasks within the overall Production workflow and assigned budget, according to:
- Work order specifications,
- Industry and Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s),
- The Company’s high quality standards, and
- The client’s Brand guidelines and standards.
- Ensures client project team has most current information about the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining in project tracking system (e.g. ONE!) accurate records of:
- Project plan (sub-project or task) information
- Time dedicated to specific project(s)
- Quality issues
- Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company’s Strategic Imperatives.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on and encouraging others on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned Production activities.
- May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Certifications
- Secondary School (e.g. High School) Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job.
- Computer Graphics Certification preferred.
- Experience in Graphics Arts industry (e.g. Design Studio/Agency environment) or related field in manufacturing (i.e. Printing, Pre-Press) a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the Company’s products, solutions and services a plus.
- Basic understanding of the market and business environment that affects the assigned clients as it applies to functional area.
- Basic understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Basic to proficient in Pre-media and/or Creative Services and solutions.
- Good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to proficient Computer Software (SW) Skills:
- Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
- Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
- Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress; Project Management Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
- Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.).
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organization.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients (e.g. printers, product manufacturers, service providers, and/or clients).
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with a moderate degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the HR Service Center at 412-442-8295 or HRService@matw.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled