Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Development Manager, Sustainability Services
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We're flexible as to the US-based location for this role– as long you're located near a major airport and have a proven track record ofsuccess in a home office environment. We're headquartered in Louisville,Kentucky, and have a major presence in markets such as Dallas-Ft. Worth,Nashville and Boulder.
Our Client Development Manager, Sustainability Services is responsible for selling our Sustainability Services consulting and technology offerings to the executive levels of Commercial and Industrial companies. Our focus is on driving continuous performance improvement for our customers by coupling sustainability expertise with the industry's finest technology.
You should be familiar with Salesforce.com and possess natural sales instincts, with the proven ability to engage with influencers and decision-makers to communicate the Schneider Electric Energy and Sustainability Services value proposition.
Additionally, you will research, define and target specific market segments as assigned to ensure a high level of sales success with targeted clients and prospects. Integrity, vision, passion and ability to excel in a collaborative sales environment are essential for this role.
What will you do in the role?
· Uncover new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
· · Prospect and convert leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships
· · Work with Schneider Electric's portfolio of offerings to develop customized solutions that address the customer's business needs
· · Understand our customers' long-term strategic business needs while building long-term relationships – higher and wider – within their organization; a key focus is on selling new solutions to existing clients
· · Lead the development of sales proposals. Enlists the support of solutions architects and operations specialists, implementation resources, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed -- either proactively or in response to RFPs
· · Meet targeted personal performance goals as determined by leadership
· · Negotiate and close contracts for Sustainability Services with enterprise customers
· · Collaborate with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go-to-market strategies
· · Communicate and interact with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements -- as well as market opportunities
· Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
· Maintain prospect (CRM: Salesforce.com) database information
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Quality experience selling professional services in theenergy and sustainability industry, renewable energy industry, serviceindustry, environmental industry, or to industrial and/or commercial clients;experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability orenvironmental industry is a must.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands andSchneider Electric solutions, and to align the two to ensure sales performanceat or above assigned levels.
- Ability to thrive in a remote office environment
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of aconsultative sales role
- Lead generation: persistence in following up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle
- Work with all management levels atFortune 1000 companies
- Negotiate agreements with prospects
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles (up to 6months)
- Prior experience selling high within an organization (CSuite)
- Strong closing ability; past experience closing five- and six-figuredeals each month
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computerliterate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) andSalesforce.com CRM system
· Travel required to support sales activity (up to 50%)
· Bachelors degree required
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.