Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supplier Quality Engineer
at Schneider Electric
This position has the responsibility to provide supplierquality support to the Lexington, KY and remote for Huntington, IN plants for suppliers of Schneider Electric.
• This position will report directly to the SupplierQuality Manager for MTO Cluster.
• All candidates must be highly driven individualscapable of working independently and must have a passion to drive world classquality within the supply base.
• All candidates must have a bachelor's Science inEngineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial) with 5 or more years ofexperience working in a quality, manufacturing or design environment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, ISO-9000, QualityCore tools such as Control Plan, PFMEA, GD&T, Problem Solving methodologies(8D).
· Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
• Knowledgeon injection molding, thermoset technology, metal stamping, sheet metal orfinishing processes such as plating, painting, welding, etc.
· Project Management Experience preferred.
· Experience performing TS/ISO Audits internally or with suppliers
The primary roles and responsibilities of this SQEposition are as follows;
•Drive proactive quality, delivery and productivity improvement with SchneiderElectric's supply base
•Accelerate change with cross-functional stakeholders
•Conduct quality system evaluations of new and existing suppliers
•Conduct material process and quality plan audits of existing suppliers asneeded
•Coach/Train the supply base on Schneider Electric's expectations, systems andperformance objectives
•Respond and drive rapid resolution to emergency quality and delivery issues
· Day to day Supplier Quality Management in SE manufacturingfacility
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Electronic)
- Availability to travel, position requires 25% (domestic and/or international)
- Experience in qualification of parts
- Knowledge of quality core tools, PFMEA, Quality Control Plans,8Ds, Process Flow, etc
- Strong leadership to work with a manager in a different location, self motivated
- 4 or more years of experience in manufacturing areas such as: quality, supplier quality, production, design engineering, purchasing.
- Project Management Experience
- Lean Six Sigma Trained (Green or Black Belt)
- Measurement methods experience
- All candidates must be highly driven individuals capable of working independently and must have passion to drive world class quality within the supplier base.