Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN / PEDIATRICIAN
at STG International
STG International is currently accepting resumes of Family Practice Physicians/Pediatricians to work full-time providing medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United
States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations
(ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States
Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors
comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services.
IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for resident health care.
IHSC’s mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of individuals in the custody of
ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on nationally recognized
correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is committed to
providing healthcare services to protect the nation’s health, reduce global disease and provide
medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration proceedings. IHSC is committed to
ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous
surveillance and monitoring activities.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.
6. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
7. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from a school in the United States or,
2. Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided
education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United
States as established by:
a. The National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation
b. Permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical
REQURED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
1. Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state in which the duty
station is located. The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and unrestricted status
during the term of employment. Any changes to licensure must be reported to employer
2. Current Board certification in Family Practice by the American Board of Family Medicine
Current Board certification in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
• Candidates not board certified at the time of hiring must be presented to the IHSC
Medical Director for concurrence.
3. This position requires privileging by IHSC.
4. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Expert knowledge of the current standards of practice in clinical medicine.
2. Ability to serve proficiently as a clinical expert, providing technical assistance and
consultation to clinic medical staff.
3. Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in simple
diagnostic and treatment procedures.
4. Ability to provide input for congressional inquiries and to effectively communicate with
Federal Agencies and other organizations as indicated.
5. Mastery of managerial and administrative practices, to include expertise in routine
management of ambulatory clinic functioning and responsibilities.
6. High degree of independence, initiative, clinical judgment, and follow-through on a wide
range of sensitive, complex, and clinical issues.
7. Teaching experience acknowledging a level of expertise and capacity for developing and
accessing clinical educational programs.
8. Knowledge of issues confronting the healthcare delivery system, including specific problems
and concerns of special population groups.
9. Knowledge of program policies and guidelines, and operating procedures relating to
healthcare delivery systems.
10. Knowledge of organizations and responsibilities of all levels of government operations.
11. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
12. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not
fluent in a language the patient understands.
13. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
14. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop
positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
15. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary
16. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records,
web based training and communications.
17. Moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
18. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient
medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as the on-site medical authority within the scope of services provided by IHSC.
2. Clinical supervisory authority over mid-level providers as well as the nursing staff and
3. Responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of healthcare delivery at his/her
4. Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in
accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or
5. Provides age appropriate screening, treatment, and patient instruction pertinent to the
discipline and facility setting for acute and chronic conditions.
6. Assures appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests and services are available, utilized and
7. Acts as initial reviewer for all outside referrals/consults to specialty services not offered at
the local facility.
8. Conducts daily rounds on patients in the Medical Housing Unit.
9. May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies.
10. Seeks guidance from the IHSC Medical Director, Associate Medical Director, Regional
Clinical Directors or other IHSC senior leadership as appropriate.
11. Serves as chairperson of local performance improvement and pharmacy and therapeutics
12. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
13. Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing electronic health records as
required by, and appropriate to, position.
14. Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies testing, initially and annually.
15. Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
16. Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with
the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
17. Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational
Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
18. Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC’s Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality
Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to
19. Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
20. Other duties as assigned.
DUTY HOURS / ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS
IHSC operates 24/7/365 you may be required to respond telephonically during emergency call back roster activation.
1. This full time position is required to provide rotational on-call coverage and may need to
return to the facility during non-core hours to provide care.
2. This full time position is required to be available telephonically and/or to report to the facility
during non-core hours.
1. The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render a
Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
2. A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of
initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
1. Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
2. Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog
may be necessary to provide assistance.
3. Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
4. Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging residents or staff exiting the building
during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who
weighs significantly more than self).
5. Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary
(exceptions on a case by case basis).
6. Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
7. Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
8. Must perform the duties in a stressful and often austere environment without physical
9. Must be capable of standing on hard services (cement floors) for long periods of time.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.