The Boston Consulting Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal Counsel - Commercial Contracting
at The Boston Consulting Group
- Serve as champion of BCG contracting and risk management standards;
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements, including global master services agreements, other client and procurement agreements, licensing agreements, subcontractor and partnership agreements and nondisclosure agreements;
- Be experienced in quickly and independently drafting legal documents;
- Implement and help to develop and champion BCG contracting and other policies and processes and provide assistance to seek approvals on deviations of contract or other policies;
- Provide general counseling and management of a full spectrum of business and legal issues, which, in addition to licensing and intellectual property matters, may include transaction structuring and support, human resources and employment matters, data protection, competition law and trade regulations, and conflicts of interests;
- Identify risks and issues; suggest alternative solutions;
- Team successfully across BCG and integrate fully into BCG's Global Legal Team to resolve or support resolution of complex legal issues;
- Act as bridge and point of contact between functions and business for resolving legal issues;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining Legal Team know-how and templates;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Our team called Global Services (GS) provides corporate support to business areas such as Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and IT. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries. Global Services is in short, the backbone of BCG.
YOU'LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Graduate degree (J.D.) in Law from an accredited law school and admitted to practice;
- 5-8 years of commercial contracting experience with international exposure;
- 3+ years with a reputable law firm preferable; prior relevant in-house experience preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- English fluency.
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Superior analytical skills and creative problem solving ability, with an appreciation for striking a practical balance between business and legal objectives;
- Talent for absorbing new skill sets and areas of expertise quickly and comfortably and the flexibility to deal with a diverse international set of clients and advisors;
- The ability to quickly comprehend complex sets of international laws and regulations and interpret those laws within the context of BCG's global policies; and
- A positive, dynamic, client-focused approach to legal practice.
- Perform successfully and produce results in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, client-oriented environment.
- Be a pragmatic, high-energy professional, with personal and professional self-confidence.
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships throughout a loosely structured organization.
Legal Counsel - Commercial Contracting
YOU'LL WORK WITH
A variety of cohorts and functions across the company, including senior leadership. Members of the BCG Global Legal team, Finance and the Partnership. You will report into the Commercial group within the Legal Team.