Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Sales Associate - Kentucky & West Virginia
at Trex Company
Trex Company, the world’s number one decking and railing brand, and leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products, is seeking a Retail Sales Associate to support sales and merchandising initiatives in major home improvement retailers in their designated territories.
Help us deliver what’s next in outdoor living by serving as the retailer’s primary contact, offering product knowledge training, conducting how-to clinics, expanding relationships, increasing retail sales and supporting/resolving customer issues.
As our next Retail Sales Associate, you are highly organized and skilled at both sales and customer service. You are comfortable serving as the primary contact for retailers, have strong presentation skills, and strong problem-solving skills.
Talented employees are just one of Trex Company’s trademarks. This is your chance to work for a company consistently awarded recognition for market leadership and innovation. Trex outdoor living products offer significant design flexibility with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. Trex decking products contain 95 percent recycled content and we are one of the largest plastic scrap recyclers in the U.S. Our organization keeps more than 400 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
Besides working for the company known for its recycling heritage and as a creator of amazing outdoor living spaces, Trex employees enjoy an industry-leading compensation and benefits package, bonuses and incentive programs, tuition assistance, a six percent 401(k) match and more: trex.com/careers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This is an entry-level position with the sales department that serves as a primary contact, with established call frequency, for major home improvement retailers. The Retail Sales Associate will offer product-knowledge training for retail store associates, conduct consumer how-to clinics, ensure execution of various merchandising resources and Trex product, expand relationships, increase retail sales, and support/resolve customer issues.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred one-to-three years of business experience, with a proven track record of success, or two-to-five years of outside sales experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Must have strong ability to achieve results through others.
- Possess strong presentation skills along with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be innovative and forward-thinking with ability to anticipate issues/opportunities while employing strong problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organization skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be a team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to travel, typically by car 50 percent or more of time, with some overnight travel.