Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Recovery Manager-Incident Manager
Eligible for RelocationNo
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
Ensure that all priority incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to internal or external customer services. Coordinate resources and activities during outages and customer affecting events through restoration of service and communication to both internal and external customers. Own the event throughout its lifecycle to resolution. Coordinate efforts with key support teams and stakeholders to close gaps, decrease the number and frequency of incidents, and improve service recovery times.
- Provide management and oversight of service restoration processes across multiple business and operational functions to actively govern the performance of product and application support efforts.
- Develop and maintain the Incident Management processes, including documenting process and procedures in accordance with ITIL standards.
- Provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and team members, to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Adjust priorities as needed, establish management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues; removing barriers and leveraging resources.
- Interface with other teams and customers, as well as vendors, on an as needed basis to discuss incident assessment and facilitate the coordination of resources to resolve service disruptions.
- Assist Service Delivery Managers and lines of business with the orchestration and deployment of resources (e.g., people, infrastructure, financial, informational) from all associated teams in order to ensure successful service restoration.
- Establish goals and identify pathways to achieve targeted results.
- Liaison with Service Delivery Management and internal business partners to ensure all Incidents are resolved within established SLA timelines, and established service improvement plans for any under-performance.
- Provide input to Problem Management for the analysis of incident data and identification of trends. Work with problem managers to build service improvement plans to rectify poor performance.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Incident Management processes and work with other teams to ensure continuous strategic improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of IT application and system concepts. Creatively resolves a wide range of problems from technical to operational.
- Contribute to >2 projects and business services. Understanding of Vantiv products along with customer needs.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Normally receives little instruction on work assignments. Works both independently and collaboratively within the development and business organizations. May provide assistance to more junior analysts.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to thrive in fluid, high pressure situations and use fundamental troubleshooting skills to resolve business critical issues.
- Ability to follow work direction when needed but also use experience to follow unconventional paths when solving issues.
- Strong leadership presence on a technical bridge call.
- Ability to work autonomously and complete tasks without follow-up.
- Continually identify opportunities for process improvements that provide additional business value.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate an aptitude appropriate for interaction with the highest levels of management.
- Knowledge of IT standards and best practices as related to incident management.
- Must be flexible to adjusting schedule to ensure proper staff coverage.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and/or applicable certifications, or substitute equivalent military experience.
- 5+ years of related technical experience with a broad technical knowledge base.
- 5+ years of ITIL process experience.
- Experience managing multi-platform, client-impacting incidents.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- ITIL Foundation (v3) certified preferred.
- Prefer experience in an incident management role.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Enterprise Software and Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Excellent teamwork & collaboration skills.
- Will be required to be part of regular on-call rotation.
- Military background and/or very extensive experience in training exercises to prepare for crisis or high stress environments and for peak efficiencies