Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3D Inventor Production Detailer
at Viad Corp
- Job ID
- # Positions
WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
A detailer who has workplace experience including exposure to production detailing and construction/assembly knowledge using both AutoCAD and Inventor to build Production and assembly drawings. This detailer is tasked with more complicated work orders for custom exhibit/tradeshow or unique structures that can overlap lines of business as well as challenge the thinking process to solve technical issues within the design. In addition, Inventor Production Detailers are expected to leverage their experience and knowledge to add to, and possibly lead, the engineering process. Inventor Production Detailers will often collaborate with other detailers to complete larger, more complex projects. An Inventor detailer will be expected to multitask and prioritize their workload as they are often required to manage multiple drawing requests simultaneously.
- Attend and participate in project meetings.
- Prepare complete and accurate preliminary, construction, and as-built drawings from 3D concepts and designs.
- Identify value-engineering opportunities and recommend appropriate changes to improve fabrication and installation & dismantle performance.
- Verify work order information with Project Management for accuracy and completeness.
- Make drawing revisions required by Project Management.
- Develop and prepare complete fabrication drawings.
- Prepare complete assembly drawings.
- Become proficient detailing (including layout and piece counts) for GES propriety rental systems.
- Become proficient detailing (including layout and piece counts) custom exhibit projects including fabrication details for wood, metal and plastic fabrication.
- Become proficient producing programs for the CNC Router.
- Demonstrate experience in working with multiple projects with limited time constraints.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of directory structuring, file management, and file archiving.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a 3D environment and understand spatial relationships.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of custom construction for stand-alone units such as counters, kiosks, and unique structures.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Must be able to work overtime hours to complete production drawings needed to meet GES business requirements.
- Experience in independently producing programs for the CNC Router a plus.
- Associates Degree or technical education equivalent in design/drafting with emphasis in the use of CAD in a 3D environment or equivalent on the job experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2016 or higher.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Inventor 2017 or higher.
- Minimum 3 years experience using AutoCAD, Minimum 2 year on-the-job 3D Modeling experience.
- Minimum 2 years on the job experience using Inventor.
- Minimum 1 year using Vault.
- Experience in iLogic a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Fast paced
- Team oriented
- Open concept workplace
- Positive learning environment
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining onPeak are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- Charitable Gift Matching
And much more……